(we, us or our) help people communicate with each other using our messaging and other services. we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with this policy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- MEDIBUZZ V1.0 mobile application messaging software (App) hosted on various Appstores (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is (Company number 08460434) of 2 Cheapside, Derby, DE1 1BR.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process data about you when you:
- register to use the App Site;
- search for, download or register for an App or Service;
- install, access, subscribe to or use any of our Services;
- share data via an App’s messaging functions;
- give us periodic access to your Device contacts list (name and mobile number);
- enter a competition, promotion or survey, and
- submit a contact or feedback form, contact us another way about or report a problem with an App, our Services, any of our Sites or a third party.
The information we collect is:
- Information you give us (Submitted information):
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms through the App and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by in-App message, phone or e-mail) like:
- your name, work address, job title, job role, area of work, e-mail address and the Device’s phone number and other registration or profile information such as a photograph.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, as well as any message detail that you provide to us about that.
- Information we collect about you and your Device:
Each time you use one of our Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device Information: technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, IP address, time zone setting.
- Content Information:
- Information stored on your Device, including login information, your ‘last seen’ status, contact information and friends lists (whether or not users of the App), photos, videos or other digital content, messages that you are waiting to send with the App, as well as lists of groups that you add to because these will be associated with your account details. You confirm that you are authorised to provide us with access to the material in your contacts list and video and photos stored on your Device.
- What about messages and content?
- You have control over what messages are stored on your Device as they will be automatically saved unless you delete them.
- If you block someone then you will stop receiving messages from them (see below). Neither you or we can delete messages on someone else’s Device even if lost or de-registered.
- If a message cannot be delivered as you are offline then it will be sent when you are back online. Messages that have not been fully delivered might be held in our servers and if so we might delete them after 30 days.
- Messages and their contents including photos, videos, files and possibly your shared Location Data are typically stored in archive by or for us. They will synchronise with your Device when you use the Services. We may delete the archives at anytime unless we are notified that we are required to retain them by law beforehand.
- Log Information: details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, crash data, performance data, diagnostics and communication data, and our resources that you access.
- Location information: your Device settings will determine whether or not your location is shared. You do not have to share your location to use our Services. It is up to you if you want to share your location with other users on a single or ongoing basis and the way to do it is by using whatever location app is on your Device. You can switch it on or off as you wish by changing your Device settings. We do not capture your location unless it is part of some other data that is provided.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information):
- we may receive information about you from others for example from other App users as you may be in their contact list or they send you, or a group you are part of, a message. This may contain your mobile number and name and other message details. An App store might also send us data to help us handle your queries.
- As part of providing our Services we work closely with third parties that you might interact with to provide and improve the Services and your experience (including, for example, your employer, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). Their own privacy policies will apply to your data that they may obtain from you and hold and the way in which it comes to us and may be used by us.
Uses made of your information
As our Services are a communication tool you will be sharing some of your information while using the Services depending on the way that you use it.
The information that we have is used to help us to deliver, develop, support and market our Services. We use information held about you to provide the Services, handle support queries and to comply with any laws and best practice guidance as well in the following ways:
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you as user and for the Device.
- To carry out obligations arising from our Services to any of you, Us and/or the App Site provider.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the App and the Services, when you choose to do so.
- To maintain, protect and improve the App, the Services and the Services Sites.
- To notify you about changes to the App or any of the Services.
- To provide you, or allow your relevant employer to provide you, with information, products or services (including content and advertising tailored to your interests) through in-App messages (or us only by our emailing you). We do not pass your data to your employer, they can only use the Service to advertise, contact and then correspond with you if you choose to respond. You can stop using Medibuzz at any time if you do not want to receive these messages.
- To work with third-party suppliers to help deliver, develop and market our Services but when we do we require them to process your data in accordance with their agreement with us or as agreed direct with you.
- when you choose to connect with another user they will be shown as part of your friends list and you will go into theirs;
- all users of our Services will be able to see your short profile (with name. photo, work location, job title, area and ‘last seen’ status but not your mobile number);
- users that you befriend may pass your details on to others either through the App or outside of it;
- you can use the block feature (see below) to manage users that you befriend with through our Services;
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not allow any third party commercial use of our App and Services without our written consent. You can stop using Medibuzz at any time if you do not want to receive these messages.
Disclosure of your information
Our Services include messaging and one to one in-App notifications or similar features. You are responsible for what you say or attach to your messages and in-App notification replies. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users. Please note that your last seen and Medibuzz profile updates are also automatically viewable to other Medibuzz users whether or not befriended by you.
In terms of your messages, we offer encryption techniques for your messages, as they come to the relevant server and when they leave the server, to protect you against others reading them. This is on by default.
When you download the App, your registration data, some Device Information, Content Information, Log Information and possibly Location Information may be disclosed to the App Store Provider and your mobile connection operator under the terms of their own privacy polices.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If our company is to be acquired by a third party, in which case the buyer will conduct confidential due diligence and this could include review of data held and that might include your personal data held by or for us.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request or to reflect best industry practice.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply the Licence and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers, staff or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
The registration process for the Services uses your mobile number as identification so you must be careful not to let anyone else use your sim or to transfer your number to someone else. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share a password with anyone.
You must check and use our procedure to register a replacement mobile number before you stop using your existing number otherwise your account will not be linked and you will not have access to your history.
The data that we collect from you will travel over the Internet and therefore outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be stored outside the UK from time to time.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites or to other users; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
You cannot delete a user but you can unfriend, block or be blocked.
If you add or join a group then everyone will be able to see and send messages. If you block one of the users in a group they will not see any future messages until or unless you unblock them in which case they will see all messages even for the period that they were blocked.
No-one is notified if they have been blocked except that there may be an error message if they try to join a group but has been blocked by someone already in the group. Also they may realise they have been blocked if they are already in the group for example if they can only see other people’s messages and not yours.
You can delete any messages on your Device but this will not remove any on other users’ Devices.
If a user is removed from a conversation they will not receive any more messages for the group but they will have the historic messages on their Device.
You have the right to stop using Medibuzz at any time if you do not wish to receive messages from us or your employer. You can also unsubscribe to marketing by email from us to you by contacting us using the contacts on our contact page listed on our website
Our Sites and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, your employer, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to or contact any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
This policy covers the use of personal information that collect when you use this web site.
THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER WEB SITES MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU. This web site contains links to other web sites where they may be of interest to You. Given that these are separate sites we are NOT responsible for their content, security or information collecting policies or availability. You should therefore visit the other site’s privacy, terms and conditions and relevant disclaimers.
We are committed to keeping your personal information private and only collecting and using information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and this policy.
- What we collect and who we share it with
In order to track online traffic flows we record anonymous statistical data.
This data may include the pages visited, browser type and IP address.
We may use this data for marketing, security or any other purposes and may share this information with any 3rd party in the execution of these tasks.
If you would like to have your personal data removed or updated from our records, please notify us using the “Contact Us” page or write to us at the address below.
If you would like to have your personal data removed from our records, please notify us using the “Contact Us” page or write to us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of data sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
We may use temporary cookies to track and/or store anonymous data.
- Access to your personal information
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests, please “Contact Us”